Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oh, and there was some wildlife too!

Warthog, Kimana Sanctuary 
So I figure since I am in a wildlife program and haven't posted very many pictures of the amazing animals I have seen since I have been here, I would let you in on some of the best pictures that my peers and I have taken since we have been here for the past 12 weeks. Enjoy!
Serengeti Lions!




Hippos! Serengeti, TZ


Lion cub right beneath the car in Amboseli, Kenya


Waterbuck, Kimana Sanctuary 

Amboseli, Kenya with Kilimanjaro in the background. 

Leopard in Serengeti, TZ



Lion pride munchin on a Zebra in Amboseli, Kenya

Rhino pair in Lake Nakuru, Kenya
Hyrax in Serengeti Lodge, TZ


Amboseli, Kenya.
Can you spot the crocodile? Serengeti, TZ


Serengeti Lions, TZ.


First Leopard, Serengeti, TZ.

Common Buzzard on a dead hyena, Serengeti, TZ
Hartebeest, Serengeti, TZ.  


Tarangire, TZ.

Ostrich Feathers - I was this close!

Serengeti, TZ
Lion of Pelicans, Lake Nakuru, Kenya.

Tarangire, TZ.

Pelicans! Lake Nakuru, Kenya.



Flamingoes! Lake Nakuru, Kenya. 

Verreaux's Eagle Owl, Kilimanjaro Bush Camp, Kenya. 
White Rhino, Lake Lakuru, Kenya. 




Spider that lives outside the classroom - with her babbies....

Poor Zebra, Lake Manyara, TZ. 
Parrot's - Love birds! Moyo Hill, TZ.


Crowned Cranes, Amboseli, Kenya. 
African Paradise Flycatcher, TZ.


Cheetah Kill in Ngorongoro, TZ.

Olive Baboon and Baby, Everywhere.
Afternoon nap time in Serengeti, TZ.


No idea what this guy's doing...


First Primate I saw - Sykes Monkey, Lake Manyara, TZ.



Maasai Giraffe, Lake Manyara, TZ.
Superb Starling - also everywhere




Lake Manyara, TZ.
Wildebeest 

2 comments:

  1. Bekker,
    These take my breath away! Especially love the hyrax - he's like "what?" And the crowned cranes and the paradise flycatcher and the rhinos and the giraffes and the cheetahs and flamingoes and leopards and ellifants andandand...ah heck, can I just come with you next time??
    LoveLOVE and miss you, and cannot wait to see you (in a month!)!!
    Xox, Auntie Scout

    ReplyDelete
  2. that spider is the stuff of nightmares. Awesome pictures!

    - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete